frameacloudAnimorphs #2 - The Visitor
Rachel’s loyalty is tested when one of her old friends becomes the Animorphs’ key to infiltrating the Yeerk pool. Then it turns out that something is different about her friend… what happened to her?
There are a few times in this book where the Animorphs use their morphing powers to scare some random creeps. These people probably aren’t Controllers, so they’ve never heard of morphing. Write a short story (or draw a picture) about what the phenomenon seemed like from their perspective.
- It was risky for the Animorphs to abuse their morphing powers by using them out in the open, in front of strangers. It put them in a lot of danger, but in some ways it was worth the thrill. If you had that ability, what are some situations where you would be tempted to do the same? What else could Rachel have done when that stranger started following her?
- We get a glimpse of a creature that predates upon Yeerks. We only learn a little about the Yeerk home world over the course of the series. What else can we hypothesize about their ecosystem, based on this other species?
- How have things progressed, developed, and changed since the first book? The characters have done a lot of growing up already, under such tough circumstances, even though they’ve still got a long way to go.
- Common sense: be nice, be literate, be mature. If you can’t handle that, we’ll ask you to leave.
- Start on topic. If your conversation takes you into the land of ferrets and their evil quest to take over the world, run with it. But please at least start off talking about the book or subjects at hand.
- The questions and prompts are optional. Do not feel obliged to keep your comments only to what we have posted. They are a guide, a starting point, not a limitation.
- There is no time limit.
- Don’t delete your comments, unless it’s for the purpose of fixing typos.
- Keep your discussion to the current or previous books.